Please read the following information clearly, as it sets out the terms and conditions when enrolling on our courses. These terms and conditions form an important part of the agreement between you, the course attendee, and Peak Safety Training Limited, the course provider.
Policy and Payment of Fees
Course fees of $500 or less should be paid in full at the time of enrolment. Course fees of more than this amount will require a $500 deposit, with arrangements made for balance of course cost to be paid on the course date, or by invoice as agreed.
Any price changes applicable to your booking will be promptly notified to you by Peak Safety Training Limited.
Confirmation of enrolment will be provided in an email or through your Employer’s communication channels.
Course participants who have not paid all their fees or made arrangements to do so will not be eligible to receive course results / certificates until payment is received.
Payments are accepted in $NZD only. Peak Safety Training accepts payment through direct credit or Visa and or Mastercard.
Withdrawal / Transfer and Cancellation of Courses
To withdraw or transfer from a course you must contact Peak Safety Training’s Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 days before the course commences to be eligible for a refund.
Where possible, alternative course dates will be mutually agreed.
50% of the total course fee will be charged in the case of cancellation within 14 days of delivery.
100% of the total course fee will be charged in the case of cancellation within 5 working days of delivery. For group bookings payment is required for the number of students booked for as at five working days prior to course commencement.
All notices of withdrawal should be in writing, dated and a detailed reason for withdrawal provided.
Learners are not permitted to attend a course if they have any Covid symptoms (see – https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-health-advice-public/about-covid-19), or if you have been at a location of interest, or have a close contact (household or other) that has been at a location of interest, or if you are waiting for the results of a Covid test.
Amendment to cancellation policy
If we experience a New Zealand Government-mandated lockdown when your course date is scheduled. Peak Safety Training will either transfer you to another suitable date, subject to availability at no additional cost or refund you 100% of any prior payments made towards you booking, subject to the transfer not being possible by either party.
Peak Safety Training will not cover any loss of expenses that have incurred as a result of the lockdown, please arrange travel insurance if you have chosen to fly to the course location.
Our COVID-19 booking guarantee only covers New Zealand Government-mandated regional lockdown, it does not extend to covering self-isolation or quarantine, either by person choice or on the advice of your doctor or the New Zealand Ministry of Health or any other Health Authority.
If you are advised that you’ve had recent contact with an infected person and you are required to self-isolate for 14 days, our standard terms and conditions will apply.
Peak Safety Training Limited reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the delivery of any of its courses by notifying you as soon as possible.
In the case we are required to cancel, alternative dates will be provided to participants to accommodate them on other courses. If this is unachievable, Peak Safety Training Limited will refund fees paid in full.
Unfortunately, we are unable to supply remuneration for damages, costs or expenses resulting from changes to the course.
Before any NZQA assessment Peak Safety Training will talk with you about the time, location, and expected process. The unit standards you are pursuing will be explained and you will be given information about which qualifications those unit standards may contribute to.
You will be provided with clear feedback once your assessment has been assessed. If you do not understand how your assessor has reached the assessment decision and you are unhappy with the result you are encouraged to talk with Peak Safety Training. At any point before, during or after your assessment you are welcome to contact email@example.com for guidance or support.
All work you submit must be your own. If you are found to have copied or plagiarised another person’s work, you will get an automatic Not Competent/ Not Achieved assessment grade, with the possibility of being banned from studying with Peak Safety in the future. If you are suspected of cheating in this manner, you may be required to attend a full face to face presentation of knowledge and skills in front of the directors.
Peak Safety Training Limited’s Obligations:
- To provide you with a copy of the NZQA Unit Standards against which you will be assessed.
- To explain in detail the tasks you must do and the level of performance and type of evidence that is required in order for you to achieve success.
- To ensure you understand any special conditions, tools, information or processes that are needed for each of the assessments.
- To provide clear information about the timeframes for the assessment completion and submission.
- To allow for flexibility if you have competing commitments.
- To facilitate an assessment process that is based on objective analysis of concrete evidence assessed against NZQA Unit Standards.
- To make sure you understand the Appeals Process for assessment decisions or processes.
- To provide any resources you may need for the assessment if they are over and above the normal workplace tools found in your workplace.
- To make sure you can easily access the site of the assessment and that the time to complete the assessment has been agreed by your manager.
- To provide an assessment environment that is free from hazards and dangers, complies with all requirements and has clearly marked emergency exits which you are made aware of.
- To check if you have any special needs or culturally sensitive issues that need to be accommodated during any of the assessment activities.
- To assess your work within 2 weeks of receiving it and provide your results and feedback by email or writing. You will be given clear instructions of how to successfully proceed in the event you did not achieve success the first time.
- To commit that your results will not be discussed with any other person without prior consent.
- To commit to achievable target dates.
- To communicate with the trainer/assessor when any problem arises with the training material, the assessments, the processes or the committed timelines.
- To make sure time is allocated to ensure success.
- To make sure there is a secure place to keep all material.
- To ensure all assessments are photocopied prior to submission and a photocopy is kept by the learner.
- To ensure the work you submit is your own work and is accompanied by the relevant feedback and verification sheets and supporting evidence.
Learning difficulties, disabilities, and physical requirements
If you have a learning difficulty, disability or an illness that may affect your performance during the course, please contact us on 07 3490903 so we can provide you with guidance.
Peak Safety Rules and Regulations
Peak Safety Training is a smoke/vape free environment – Please discuss with your Tutor where designated areas are located.
Courses will start on time. Learners who arrive more than 15 minutes late may be refused entry at the tutors discretion and asked to reschedule.
Learners must attend the entire course to meet the requirements for certification. All personal engagements should not be scheduled during the course or you may not obtain your certificate.
Learners are not eligible for a refund if they are a no show on a confirmed course.
Peak Safety Training Limited understands that there may be valid reasons for non-attendance. The expectation is for the Learner to contact Peak Safety Training prior to the confirmed course.
Harassment – Sexual and Racial discrimination
Sexual and Racial Discrimination is unlawful and will not be tolerated by Peak Safety Training Limited.
If any Learner feels they have been discriminated by another Learner or Peak Safety Training Staff, they should contact Peak Safety Training Limited Administration immediately – firstname.lastname@example.org
Drugs and Alcohol
Peak Safety Training Limited reserves the right to refuse to teach a Learner if they suspect that the Learner has consumed or has possession of drugs and alcohol during course hours.
No refunds will be given if the Learner is asked to leave.
Mobile devices must be turned off during the course unless required to be left on as an emergency contact. The tutor must be notified of this arrangement prior to the course be the Learner.
Tutors may request disruptive learners to remove themselves from the course if their behaviour is deemed inappropriate or disruptive to the group.
Learners will be given the opportunity to voice their opinion to remedy the situation and to come up with a mutual agreement with the Tutor that benefits the group.
Learners will be given the opportunity to reschedule if an agreement cannot be met on the day.
Electronic Assessment Disclosure
I understand I may be sent electronic versions of assessment tasks and material to complete as part of the programme that I am currently completing with Peak Safety Training.
I understand these documents are the copyrighted property of Peak Safety Training. I declare that I will be the only user of these assessment documents and I will not reproduce, sell, store or modify the assessment documents.
When I conclude this programme with Peak Safety Training ™ I will dispose of any copies that I may have.
If your company has arranged this training and/or assessment your manager and/or supervisor will be kept informed of your progress.
If at any point you have a complaint or issues about any facet of the work done by Peak Safety Training Ltd we welcome your feedback. You can contact the directors of Peak Safety Training by email, telephone, fax or mail.
Phone: 07 349 0903
Peak Safety Training Ltd, PO Box 206, Rotorua 3040
If you feel your concern or issue is not being addressed please contact NZQA using the online process found at NZQA complaints. There you will be able to download NZQA’s process to follow. OR by contacting NZQA directly at:
The Complaints Officer
Quality Assurance Division
New Zealand Qualifications Authority
PO Box 160
Email Provider complaints found at www.govt.nz in the complaints section.
Phone 0800 697 296
Privacy and Declaration
This information will not be disclosed to any individual or company other than those who require the information to process your request and to comply with various legislative reporting requirements.
You have the right under the Privacy Act 2020 to access any personal information held about you and to correct or delete such information from our database.
I understand that the purpose of collecting this information is to enable Peak Safety Training Ltd. to carry out the functions required of them as a tertiary education provider.
I authorise and understand that Peak Safety Training Ltd may disclose this information when required to relevant agencies including but not limited to Government agencies and tertiary providers and when required by law.
I authorise Peak Safety Training Ltd to disclose my information to such agencies on the understanding that Peak Safety Training Ltd will observe general conditions governing the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information under the Privacy Act 2020 and Education Act 1989.
I understand that my employer, and / or the person or organisation who funds this course, may view this material to check my attendance, record of training and my Peak Safety Training Ltd. performance.
I declare that the information provided by me is accurate and complete.
I understand that failure to disclose information or the supply of incorrect information may result in my enrolment not being processed, or my enrolment being cancelled.
I will pay all fees and charges relating to my enrolment.
I understand that I may view any information that PSTL holds about me at any time and amend any errors in that information by contacting the Academic Administrator at Peak Safety Training Ltd, PO Box 206, Rotorua 3040 or emailing email@example.com.
I consent to receiving electronic messages from Peak Safety Training Ltd. in relation to future courses relevant for me.
Privacy Act 2020
Personal information collected, held and exchanged by Peak Safety Training ™ is required to enable it to comply with the Education Act 1989 and its role as an educational provider. The collection, use, storage, exchange and update of personal information will be in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. Key points include:
- Learners have the right to access and correct any information held about them.
- Within Peak Safety Training relevant personal information will be available to staff responsible for completing enrolment, maintaining records, providing tuition, programmes and academic support, providing student services and for maintaining discipline and order.
- Peak Safety Training is also required to provide certain personal information to some external agencies. These agencies may include the Ministry of Education, New Zealand Qualifications Authority, Industry Training Organisations, your employer and other education organisations.