Please read the following information clearly, as it sets out the terms and conditions when enrolling on our course. These terms and conditions form an important part of the agreement between you, the course attendee, and Peak Safety Training Limited, the course provider.
Policy and Payment of Fees
Course fees of $500 or less should be paid in full at the time of enrolment. Course fees of more than this amount will require a $500 deposit, with arrangements made for balance of course cost to be paid on the course date, or by invoice as agreed. Payments are accepted in $NZD only. Confirmation of enrolment will be provided in an email. Course participants who have not paid all their fees or made arrangements to do so will not be eligible to receive course results / certificates until payment is received.
Withdrawal / Transfer and Cancellation of Courses
To withdraw or transfer from a course you must contact Peak Safety’s Academic Administrator at email@example.com at least 5 days before the course commences to be eligible for a refund. Where possible, alternative course dates will be mutually agreed. 50% of the total course fee will be charged in the case of cancellation within 14 days of delivery. 100% of the total course fee will be charged in the case of cancellation within 5 working days of delivery. For group bookings payment is required for the number of students booked for as at five working days prior to course commencement. All notices of withdrawal should be in writing, dated and a detailed reason for withdrawal provided.
Peak Safety Training Ltd. reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the delivery of any of its courses by notifying you as soon as possible. In the case we are required to cancel, alternative dates will be provided to participants to accommodate them on other courses. If this is unachievable, Peak Safety Training will refund fees paid in full. Unfortunately, we are unable to supply remuneration for damages, costs or expenses resulting from changes to the course.
Before any NZQA assessment Peak Safety Training will talk with you about the time, location, and expected process. The unit standards you are pursuing will be explained and you will be given information about which qualifications those unit standards may contribute to.
You will be provided with clear feedback once your assessment has been assessed. If you do not understand how your assessor has reached the assessment decision and you are unhappy with the result you are encouraged to talk with Peak Safety Training. At any point before, during or after your assessment you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance or support.
All work you submit must be your own. If you are found to have copied or plagiarised another person’s work, you will get an automatic Not Competent/ Not Achieved assessment grade, with the possibility of being banned from studying with Peak Safety in the future. If you are suspected of cheating in this manner, you may be required to attend a full face to face presentation of knowledge and skills in front of the directors.
Peak Safety Training Ltd’s Obligations:
- To provide you with a copy of the NZQA Unit Standards against which you will be assessed.
- To explain in detail the tasks you must do and the level of performance and type of evidence that is required in order for you to achieve success.
- To ensure you understand any special conditions, tools, information or processes that are needed for each of the assessments.
- To provide clear information about the timeframes for the assessment completion and submission.
- To allow for flexibility if you have competing commitments.
- To facilitate an assessment process that is based on objective analysis of concrete evidence assessed against NZQA Unit Standards.
- To make sure you understand the Appeals Process for assessment decisions or processes.
- To provide any resources you may need for the assessment if they are over and above the normal workplace tools found in your workplace.
- To make sure you can easily access the site of the assessment and that the time to complete the assessment has been agreed by your manager.
- To provide an assessment environment that is free from hazards and dangers, complies with all requirements and has clearly marked emergency exits which you are made aware of.
- To check if you have any special needs or culturally sensitive issues that need to be accommodated during any of the assessment activities.
- To assess your work within 2 weeks of receiving it and provide your results and feedback by email or writing. You will be given clear instructions of how to successfully proceed in the event you did not achieve success the first time.
- To commit that your results will not be discussed with any other person without prior consent.
- To commit to achievable target dates.
- To communicate with the trainer/assessor when any problem arises with the training material, the assessments, the processes or the committed timelines.
- To make sure time is allocated to ensure success.
- To make sure there is a secure place to keep all material.
- To ensure all assessments are photocopied prior to submission and a photocopy is kept by the learner.
- To ensure the work you submit is your own work and is accompanied by the relevant feedback and verification sheets and supporting evidence.
Electronic Assessment Disclosure
I understand I may be sent electronic versions of assessment tasks and material to complete as part of the programme that I am currently completing with Peak Safety Training. I understand these documents are the copyrighted property of Peak Safety Training. I declare that I will be the only user of these assessment documents and I will not reproduce, sell, store or modify the assessment documents. When I conclude this programme with Peak Safety Training ™ I will dispose of any copies that I may have.
If your company has arranged this training and/or assessment your manager and/or supervisor will be kept informed of your progress
If at any point you have a complaint or issues about any facet of the work done by Peak Safety Training Ltd we welcome your feedback. You can contact the directors of Peak Safety Training by email, telephone, fax or mail.
Phone 07 349 0903
If you feel your concern or issue is not being addressed please contact NZQA using the online process found here. There you will be able to download NZQA’s process to follow. OR by contacting NZQA directly at:
The Complaints Officer
Quality Assurance Division
New Zealand Qualifications Authority
PO Box 160
Email Provider complaints found at www.govt.nz in the complaints section.
Phone 0800 697 296
Privacy and Declaration
This information will not be disclosed to any individual or company other than those who require the information to process your request and to comply with various legislative reporting requirements.
You have the right under the Privacy Act 2020 to access any personal information held about you and to correct or delete such information from our database.
I understand that the purpose of collecting this information is to enable Peak Safety Training Ltd. to carry out the functions required of them as a tertiary education provider.
I authorise and understand that Peak Safety Training Ltd may disclose this information when required to relevant agencies including but not limited to Government agencies and tertiary providers and when required by law.
I authorise Peak Safety Training Ltd to disclose my information to such agencies on the understanding that Peak Safety Training Ltd will observe general conditions governing the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information under the Privacy Act 2020 and Education Act 1989.
I understand that my employer, and / or the person or organisation who funds this course, may view this material to check my attendance, record of training and my Peak Safety Training Ltd. performance.
I declare that the information provided by me is accurate and complete.
I understand that failure to disclose information or the supply of incorrect information may result in my enrolment not being processed, or my enrolment being cancelled.
I will pay all fees and charges relating to my enrolment.
I understand that I may view any information that PSTL holds about me at any time and amend any errors in that information by contacting the Academic Administrator at Peak Safety Training Ltd, PO Box 206, Rotorua 3040 or emailing email@example.com.
I consent to receiving electronic messages from Peak Safety Training Ltd. in relation to future courses relevant for me.
Privacy Act 2020
Personal information collected, held and exchanged by Peak Safety Training ™ is required to enable it to comply with the Education Act 1989 and its role as an educational provider. The collection, use, storage, exchange and update of personal information will be in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. Key points include:
- Learners have the right to access and correct any information held about them.
- Within Peak Safety Training relevant personal information will be available to staff responsible for completing enrolment, maintaining records, providing tuition, programmes and academic support, providing student services and for maintaining discipline and order.
- Peak Safety Training is also required to provide certain personal information to some external agencies. These agencies may include the Ministry of Education, New Zealand Qualifications Authority, Industry Training Organisations, your employer and other education organisations.